Vendor Terms & Conditions
Reservation is subject to the Terms and conditions
In special consideration of guests at the Great Meadow Independence event, and of public health and safety laws and regulations, I understand and agree by my signature upon this Reservation form as follows:
1. PRODUCT APPROVAL – To ensure the family nature of this event and product diversity, Vendor agrees to provide a list of products to be sold and references by JUNE 23, 2022 for prior approval by the Great Meadow Foundation (GMF). Please also provide photos of your concession. No political products are permitted.
2. RESERVATION BOOKINGS – Due to the limited number of spaces available, reservations will be accepted based upon date of payment receipt and approval of Vendor by GMF. Spaces will be assigned on a first come first served basis with the right of first refusal given to the prior year’s space holders. GMF reserves the right to refuse space to any Vendor.
3. ADVANCE SETUP AND SECURITY - Spaces will be ready for advance preparation and decoration at 9:00 a.m. on the 4th of July. Service vehicles will be admitted to Vendor locations only between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Vendor vehicles must be in their assigned parking area by 3:00 p.m.
4. CURFEW/TEARDOWN 11:00 P.M. – In the interests of grounds security and safety on the roads, Vendor agrees to tear down space, remove all trash and personal property, and leave the grounds by 11:00 p.m. No Vendor vehicle will be permitted to drive on Members Hill until this area is safely cleared of guests and permission is granted by a GMF official. Sales will be shut down and lights out at 9:00 PM for fireworks display or as may be otherwise requested by GMF Staff. No GMF property shall be removed from the grounds
5. CAR PASSES – Each Vendor vehicle must possess an Official Vehicle pass. Vendor will be issued two Car Passes to admit vehicles to the grounds.
6. FOOD AND BEVERAGES SALES – Vendor is expected not to give or sell any alcoholic beverages to any person under age 21. Wood or coal burning stoves, barbecues, and ground fires are not permitted.
7. GLASS, LITTER AND PETS - In consideration of public safety and applicable laws and regulations Vendor agrees to use only shatterproof, not glass, drinking containers. Trash must be left bagged and/or taken away by Vendor upon departure from the grounds. Vendor is subject both to fine and future loss of vendor space for any material violation of this provision; vendor space will be evaluated after the event. Vendor is subject to a minimum $500 fine for littering or use of glass bottles. PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE GROUNDS.
8. PERSONAL CONDUCT - Vendor understands that this is a family-oriented event and that any conduct infringing upon Great Meadow guests or the rights of others is prohibited. NO PERSONAL FIREWORKS ALLOWED. Drunk or disorderly conduct is subject to arrest and eviction. Vendor accepts full responsibility for the conduct of its employees.
9. SIGNAGE, MUSIC AND PROMOTIONAL CONDITIONS – The Vendor space will be identified by a GMF professional quality standard sign with your designated business name. Flags, balloons, signage or other promotional materials may not be placed outside of space, nor any banner placed on the racecourse perimeter fence. Public solicitation, leafleting, posters, and political activities are prohibited. Any musical entertainment, boom box or electrical generator is prohibited, unless advance permission in writing is requested and given by GMF.
10. HOLD HARMLESS - In addition to a Certificate of Insurance with $2,000,000 in liability coverage, vendor shall hold GMF harmless from any claim, suit, cause of action, damage, judgment or other liability whatsoever resulting from any Vendor activity on the PROPERTY during the term of this Agreement and shall indemnify GMF from all such liability, including but not limited to any illegal activity, death or injury to any person or damage to or loss of property by Vendor or Vendor guests or employees.
11. HEALTH PERMIT - All vendors must apply for and obtain the appropriate Fauquier County Health Permits.
12. PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS – Food/Beverage Vendor must provide their own tent/structure. There is limited electricity on site, generators are recommended. The Food stand must have a temporary floor consistent with the governmental health and safety regulations. There is no potable water on site. Grey water must be removed from the grounds by the vendor. NO DUMPING OF GREASE OR HOT WATER IS PERMITTED ON THE GROUNDS.